November 9, 2010
A little girl is brutally slain by a vampire in a tiny 19th century Austrian village. Seeking revenge, the townspeople invade the foreboding castle of Count Mitterhaus and kill him for the crime. As the Count falls, he curses the villagers and vows that their children will all die so that he may someday return to life. Fifteen years later, as the village is ravaged by the plague, a traveling circus comes to town and distracts the villagers from their current hardships. Little do they know that their troubles are only beginning! The circus is actually a troupe of shape-shifting vampires and, as the local children start disappearing, they realize the prophecy of the long dead Count is coming true.
To celebrate their 100th release, Synapse Films has created the sharpest, most colorful transfer ever of Robert Young’s Hammer Films classic. The gorgeous VAMPIRE CIRCUS graces your screen with a rainbow of animal skin, writhing flesh, and bloody red delights! And a goodie bag of candied extras round out Synapse’s three-ring celebration:
• THE BLOODIEST SHOW ON EARTH: MAKING VAMPIRE CIRCUS –- Interviews with Joe Dante, Tim Lucas, Philip Nutman, Ted Newsom, and Darth Vader himself, David Prowse.
• GALLERY OF GROTESQUERIES – A Brief History of Circus Horrors
• VAMPIRE CIRCUS: Interactive Comic Book, with Artwork by Brian Bolland
• POSTER AND STILLS GALLERY
• ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER
VAMPIRE CIRCUS rolls its caravan into your local video store DECEMBER 14, 2010, at a retail price of $29.95 for the Blu-ray/DVD combo.
Official Website: www.synapse-films.com
Talk about this story on ESplatter's Message Board
Gotta scoop? Drop a line to Lucius Gore, editor